**Note**: The event needs to be made "live" within Cvent for the Activator (formerly Login) Widget redirect to work properly. Please make sure your Cvent rep, or client with Cvent access, turns the event live before testing.
Setting Up Widgets in InGo
1. Setting up the event on InGo's Side
When creating the event, be sure to select the following options on the Main Edit Screen. NOTE: This is something that your InGo Account Manager must complete, this is NOT something currently available to any other user.
- Under "Platform > Cvent"
- Under "Platform API Key:" insert the API Key associated with the event in Cvent. This is typically requested from the Marketing Manager or Registration POC who controls the registration workflow for the event and manages Cvent, e.g. not an InGo employee.
IMPORTANT, CVENT eCode Configuration:
How to find your e-Code, Log into Cvent and navigate to "Overview in the CVENT Dashboard.
Navigate to the "Snapshot" to find your e-Code.
NOTE: If this eCode is not listed, click the gear icon to reveal what options you can then add to your event snapshot screen. Then add the eCode to your snapshot and you can then view it.
2. Activator (Formerly Login) Widget Manual URL Modification
- NOTE: INGO ACCOUNT MANAGER RESPONSIBLE (currently): Modify the Manual Registration URL, enter
This step only applies to InGo Account Managers (as of this writing)
3. Authorizer (Formerly Confirmation) Widget
On Cvent select Registration -> Registration Pages -> My Registration -> Confirmation Page. Fill the snippet out by inserting your master event ID in the "YOUR_EVENT_ID_HERE" mention.
Sample Authorizer Widget Code
Installation on Cvent
Step One, Install the Activator (Formerly Login) Widget
On your existing homepage (third party and outside of Cvent), install the InGo Activator Widget as normal.
- Install the embedded widget (best practice) or
- Install a pop-up/modal - please ask your InGo Account Manager to make this switch for you in the InGo Admin
Step Two, Install the Social and Confirmation Widgets
Enter the Amplifier (formerly Social) and Authorizer (formerly Confirmation) Widgets on your final confirmation page.
Next, submit the event for quality assurance and we will confirm your event.
A.) Enter the Amplifier Widget on the Confirmation Page in an iframe here:
B.) Enter the Image Confirmation Widget right underneath the same iframe where you placed the Social Widget.
Step Four, Conduct QA
You are done with the Cvent InGo installation. Your results should appear in your InGo dashboard.
Thank you for reading this article. Please contact us with any further questions.
Sample Full Integration Code, Pop Up Option
ACTIVATOR WIDGET on Third Party website
Placed on Confirmation page in an iframe.
Placed on same page (Confirmation) after the Social Widget, note: this is now the Event ID not the unique widget ids. IMPORTANT: This Event ID you will obtain from your InGo Account manager. The Event ID is found in the InGo Admin next to the Event Name in the Event list.